Sunday 16 December 2018

Binvox 2 LDR (Part 3)

So here's my binvox to ldr converter with brick optimistation and layer rotation (to add strength to the resulting model).  You need python 2.7 and numpy installed - unzip the archive and it should run from the resulting folder - there is a binvox file (moo.binvox) for testing which the code will use by default and the binvox rw file (which my code calls to read the binvox binary).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ypVxLItw2attg6j1iMsJdyPzdEVRDDYk/view?usp=sharing

You can use it using the following line in the cmd window

"C:\path\binvox2ldr.py" "C:\path\myfile.binvox"

Here's what you should end up with if you run the code without your own binvox file - the code also adds a STEP for each layer of the model.


Currently all the output is grey - coloured bricks will require an alternative solution as binvox does not support colour (that I can access anyway) - I'm looking a Goxel, which I think should work (http://guillaumechereau.github.io/goxel/) but it will probably be the New Year before I get back to this now.

If you are making your own binvox files (from .obj's) I sugest using the:  -d 32 -rotx parameters during the conversions as this makes a relatively small model and rotates the obj so the bricks are pointing upwards (well it works for me anyway!)

Here are some more of my model conversions....



No comments:

Post a Comment