Friday 4 March 2022

The Chalybeate Spring - The Pantiles (Part 3)

Stickers, as it turns out, remain complex and time consuming in LDRAW - in the past I’ve used image files which you can embed (as a reference link to the image file) in the LDRAW dat file - these can be useful when working with image reference planes in LDCAD - however it turns out neither Studio nor Blender could read these images files when they are linked in a .dat file - Now I realise, of course, that I could add all the stickers and decals directly in Blender once the LDRAW model brick elements were complete (and I might do next time!). However I wanted to find the solution that allowed LDRAW models to move seamlessly between LDCAD, Studio and Blender - as many LDRAW parts have stickers and decals on them that appear in all packages there is clearly a solution. 



No comments:

Post a Comment