Wednesday 18 April 2018

SBrick Plus Arrived

I ordered a couple of SBrick Plus's recently from the SBrick website - they took a while to arrive (from Hungary) but these control bricks get good reviews and unlike some other designs they can easily swapped out for the standard LEGO IR receivers in existing models; but unlike the LEGO IR receivers which can only power two Power Function motors , the SBrick can control up to 4 motors (or sensors).



As I do a lot of my testing on the train and I didn't want to lug around a 9V Lego battery pack so I then purchased a USB to 2.1mm DC Booster Cable from here which converts USB 5V to 9V, which is what a LEGO battery pack generates, and also what the SBrick wants to receive by way of power.  

 

 I cut the end of the 9V cable off and wired it to a LEGO Power functions extension cable using a terminal block - finally I buried the terminal blocks into a 4x2 Lego brick (where I pulled out the internal supports and glued a 4x2 plate on the bottom to seal it all in!



So now I'm ready to start testing my SBrick whenever I have my laptop with me! 

Here's my final cable - USB to 9v Power Functions connector...





No comments:

Post a Comment