Thursday 12 July 2018

Animating the Professor's Invention in MODO (Part 2)

Having started to explore the animation tools in MODO I wondered if I could actually animate some of the elements of the model itself?  Animation in MODO is based around a reasonably standard timeline/key-frame analogy and after some hit and miss attempts to get elements to rotate I finally figured out how to set key-frames at the start and end of the sequence and modify the rotational properties of the elements.  All the objects that I selected initially seemed to have their centre points correctly placed which was a big help.   I added a couple of keyframes to the camera to ping/pong the camera during the sequence.   I had to remove the ice-cream lolly pedals from the small gears on the left - as I would have had to build a hierarchy of elements to rotate these pedals correctly and I wasn't able to animate the belts, that would have been seriously complex, but with all the wheels rotating there is "perception" that the belts seem to be driving them and I felt the result was reasonable for a first attempt.


No comments:

Post a Comment