Saturday 3 November 2018

Playing Lego With Python - Pile 'Em High...

With the Build Matrix now functioning correctly I could increase the number of bricks that I could add to my pile hopefully without experiencing any intersections.  I set the total number of bricks to 100 and pressed "Go"...


Not too bad!  Analysing the model I was fairly certain it was a valid model - that is, that every brick was connected to another brick by at least one stud and there were no intersections or "floaters" (bricks that hung in space and were not connected to any other brick).  If I imported my model into Lego Digital Designer (LDD) - LDD would generate an error and tell me how many bricks were incorrectly placed...My Lego tower imported into LDD with no errors - so I created a couple more towers and imported those too...


LDD reported no errors for any of the piles (phew!) - it looks like the changes I made to the build matrix seem to be working.


Having created a mechanism for adding a variety of Lego bricks to a model in a valid (if somewhat unstable configuration) could I now get the code to start to create more visually interesting models and designs.  


No comments:

Post a Comment