Wednesday 3 July 2019

Instructing A Dolphin

I recently offerred to build an set of instructions for a Lego Dolphin that a London AFOL friend had made - the model was faily straightforwards and I'd originally built the initial model in LDCAD.  Previously I've used LPub3D to create instructions but this time I thought I would use Studio 2.0.  Studio is improving all the time and the instruction tools looked pretty good so I thought I would give it a go.  

The Step Editor and page design tools are very intuitive, allowing for straightforwards drag and drop and I was able to create a 50 step instruction set fairly easily to build the dolphin model.  As a first attempt I was fairly pleased with the output, which was easy to export a PDF file.   The only caveat is if you are using flexible parts - whilst Studio is beginning to support flexible parts but not all them currently so for some flexible parts (like PF cables that I used in my Robot Car here) you might still have to use LPub3D.






No comments:

Post a Comment